Why learn Reiki if you are not interested in a Reiki practice? Actually I find that several of my students never intended to actually set up a Reiki practice. They may offer it to their families and friends but a Reiki Practice is entirely a different focus.
Besides being able to offer it to those you care about in your personal circles, there is also your own self care to consider. Think about Reiki as an opportunity to find inner peace, to feel more balanced and grounded, to be better able to handle conflicts and puzzling challenges.
Since Reiki energy has no limits, the many uses of Reiki also have no limits. Below are a few examples of ways you may find Reiki useful for yourself. In the classes for Reiki we teach the hand positions for a self treatment. While this is useful, it is important to realize that this is only a small part of using Reiki for your own general well being of body, mind, emotions and spirit.
- Think of Reiki as a means to connect with the highest creative powers of the universe. Perhaps you already do that through prayer. Wonderful. Reiki will simply enhance that practice.
- You may wish to refer to this greatest creative or higher power as God or Universal Energy or whatever is aligned with your personal spiritual philosophy. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that it is a source of pure love and strength that is available to you at all times.
- Knowing this, it means that when you want to “let go” of an issue, you have a place to send it to for action from a higher source. I continue to see how this has been very helpful for people receiving Reiki. Realizing that thinking through a problem does not bring a solution, we can easily feel stuck. If we don’t think, what do we do? By handing it off, we are better able to release it from our ineffective patterns of problem solving. The answer is more apt to pop into our head or show itself in front of us. Try it.
- Similarly, we can remind ourselves to ask for guidance. I have been in situations personally where I was at a loss as to what to say or do. Asking for guidance is like letting it go because you quit trying to figure it out on your own. The response is always what is best for all concerned.
- When you first awaken, you could begin the day with a simple acknowledgement of that connection, asking for guidance in whatever your day brings. It helps you to accept life as it is. It helps you quit trying to control everything.
- Research is showing more and more positive effects from meditation. Using Reiki on ourselves or on situations is a meditation. Whatever kind of Reiki you have studied, use the symbols and process to be still. Reiki can help you release the mind chatter. It can be relaxing and help you find the wisdom that is who you are. It can help you be you.
While this is a mere start of the possibilities of Reiki as a daily life practice or philosophy, I am very interested in reading some of your experiences. What is your experience with any of the above? What else do you find useful? Let’s share our Reiki wisdom.
I have scheduled Holy Fire Usui Reiki 1 and 2 and Master classes (priced in Canadian dollars) in April and May. For more information please check my web site at http://marieknapp.com
Marie Knapp EdD
Holy Fire Usui and Karuna Reiki Master