As the new year begins, I give serious thought to what I wish for in 2018. This past year has had its rough times in many parts of the world, our communities, and our families. So what do we hope for now.
Of course it is tempting to make all your intentions relate to achievements in terms of employment, or financial gain, or position, or career progress. I do some of that too. It is natural. We are humans. I word those kinds of intentions in the present tense. For example:
- I have a Reiki practice that brings well being, peace of mind and wholeness to an average of 2 clients per week.
- My teaching/workshop practice brings at least 5 of the right people to my classes and workshops.
- I continue to learn and grow in personal and spiritual development.
It is important for me to feel these as if they are already happening. I feel the excitement in my heart and it feels right.
For some, you may wish to write:
- I can easily and honestly provide food, shelter and a loving environment for myself (and for my family)
- I find my work is inspiring, healthy and sufficiently lucrative.
Or you can word your intentions in ways that best help you feel financially stable.
You may write:
- I am in a healthy, loving and respectful romantic relationship.
- I communicate authentically and lovingly with those I care about.
And there are other kinds of intentions we can make that relate more to a way of being. This year, I have given more thought to the following:
- I am growing in understanding of individual differences, refraining from analyzing and labeling.
- I help others experience peace of mind
Where does peace begin? Can we expect to have peace in the world if it is not existing in the smaller segments of life on earth? So first I wish for peace in people’s lives. I wish for people to grow in understanding of individual differences, accepting the idiosyncrasies of those around us, and eliminating the need to be right, and finding peace of mind. Perhaps we can begin by forgetting our need to analyze and label and simply notice and love.
- I am experiencing playfulness and joy in a healthy and loving way.
Let’s enhance our awareness of joy. Being playful and having fun is healthy and healing. Watch little children running around and enjoying what may be the simplest activities: making snow angels, sliding down hills, knocking over blocks. Relax enough to be able to laugh hardily and heartfully. What brings you joy?
- I am making healthy choices in what I eat and drink, in my activity level, and what I say.
- I am meditating daily.
I feel blessed to be retired. Those who are still working seem to be racing around, always trying to catch up. Quiet time, even when short, contributes to health. When you are healthy, you are better able to be joyful and at peace. Making healthy choices around eating and activity contributes significantly to good health. Balancing life is important in maintaining wholeness and good health.
- I have enough of what I need
- I am donating some of my excesses to those who would like it.
- I am helping those who would like to experience my classes and workshops so they can attend and not be overly burdened financially.
While some people ask for abundance, abundance is not necessary. There is enough for everyone if we simply look for enough. Enough food, enough water, enough clothes, enough travel, enough fun, enough of a house, enough toys. We all have different perspectives on what is enough. So be it. Likely I have more than enough of some things but am willing to reduce other areas. It helps to be self aware and notice what we do. Perhaps we want to make some changes. or not.
I wonder if we could make a difference in the world at large if we were to see the above as our intentions for 2018.
I wish you a wonderful year ahead and welcome any thoughts on the above message.
About Reiki Classes and Workshops
I am encouraging and supporting those whom I have taught at the Reiki Master Level, to teach the Reiki 1 and 2 level. Spring courses are offered in early April. Sheila Murphy and Ruth Knapp will be teaching these classes
I will be teaching another Usui/Holy Fire Reiki Master class in early November. Let me know if this interests you.
Three of us are planning to register for the Reiki Master level in Vermont with the International House of Reiki. Experiencing this course with Frans Stiene will expand and deepen our experience with Reiki. Following this course mid April, I will be offering one or two new Reiki workshops. I am excited about this opportunity and look forward to being able to share some of it with you.
I look forward to hearing from you of your interest in any of the above. Knowing there is interest inspires me to keep moving forward with it.
Are you interested in scheduling a reiki session with me? Learn more about Reiki and a Reiki session on my web site
With love and Reiki blessings,