What a beautiful day it is today! A day when we can walk outside easily and open our hearts to nature. Last evening I listened to part of a video I had heard before. One taped when Frans Stiene was in Cincinnati last spring. There are many pieces to that fairly long video that have meaning for me but one in particular that I want to share with you today. He spoke about intention… (keep reading)
Want to receive my blog articles?
As he often does, Frans was referring to our own self healing. He asks. “What is my intent? What is the reason I am am doing this practice? Do I really want to heal myself? Do I really want to go inside?” These are deep and important questions that ask us to be very self aware. He compares an intent for healing in the knee, to an intent to embody the precepts. So for example if the focus and intent of a healing is healing the knee, the knee pain dissipates but the emotional healing connected to embodying the precepts have not been affected. The reverse is also true. Frans asks us to examine our intent. What do we really want and how far do we want to go?
As I reflected on this, I recognized the inner work that is part of this process. Really determining for ourselves what is our real intent takes time and effort. Perhaps we need to explore this with a therapist. I have done this with different therapists at different times and have found it tremendously helpful. The right therapist is knowledgeable not only in the essence of therapy and its professional requirements, but for me I want someone who also has a knowledge of energy flow and deeper spiritual (not religious) concepts. It seems less like therapy and more like personal growth work.
I would like to leave this with you to ponder. As you do self healing with Reiki, ask yourself about your real inner intention. This may prompt many questions and if you want to ask me, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
More important information:
- A few years ago I was co- creator of a newsletter called It’s Your Life. It had a successful ten years and since people still ask about it, I decided to host PDF copies of those newsletters on this site for readers to refer to if you are so inclined. To me it represents a bit of history on what was happening the in wellness here in Grey Bruce since 2006. Click here to have a look
- I would be delighted to offer another Reiki Level 1 in the fall if I have at least three people ready to register. If this interests you, please read more about Reiki on this web site and email me. It would run three Friday mornings 9 am till 1 pm. Cost will be $160.
- Don’t forget to have a good look at the courses Frans Stiene will be offering in Owen Sound next May 2020. Having him here is an amazing opportunity for people. For more information click here .
- Learn more about the Grey Bruce Holistic and Wellness Expo Sept 28, 2020. Consider having a table there and/or visiting this informative event.
- And last but not least, if you have already done at least the first level of Reiki and would like to join our Reiki Practice Group, please email me.
Till next time,